ESPA was founded in 1995 in Brussels as an umbrella association for national spa associations in Europe. It is a non-profit and non-governmental association based on Belgian law (A.I.S.B.L.). It has represented the interests of European spas in Brussels, the continent's political nerve centre, ever since.
- Align health resorts within the European healthcare market
- More fairness in competition by quality
- Promote a clear distinction between health resort therapy and recreational services (wellness)
WHAT WE DO
Since the beginning, ESPA has built up a close network of contacts with policymakers as well as leading representatives of science and business.
This goes to benefit above all our members - for only with a strong association the opportunities offered by Europe can be used to the full.
SERVICES BENEFITING ESPA MEMBERS
- Network of and for health resort and spa experts
- Certification of health resorts and spa facilities (EuropeSpa)
- Consultation on legislation and regulation in the member states
- Contacts by communication and collaboration with members and operators in Europe and worldwide
- Support for research and the provision of information
- Development of health resorts and spas together with experts